Weight loss as a category of social network sites is quickly gaining traction as a new and innovative solution to a growing issue.
Some of these sites have already gotten shout outs or mentioned elsewhere on Fat Burning Diet Blog – however this list is more comprehensive as a list of weight loss social network sites and we’ll continue to update it.
Most sites are free but some of the others may offer a premium fee-based service as well.
Our top pick is WeightLossWars.com. These folks have the best weight loss competitions system in the business. You can set up profiles free, track weight, and they’ve got a fair amount of features including journaling, health tips, recipes and weight loss challenges can be centered around any diet. The key feature of weight loss wars is the biggest loser at work weight loss competitions.
- Weight Loss Wars – Original Biggest Loser at work style website with real weight loss challenges + weight loss social networking and weight loss buddies.
- Weight Loss Buddy – These folks are devoted to matching up weight loss friends based on a number of criteria.
- Wego Health – They’ve got a sizable community health website as well as diet and weight loss forums.
- Fat Secret – These guys also have a fair amount of features including journals, chatting, health tips, healthy recipes and they also can be centered around any diet.
- Weight Circles – Blogs and “circles” that are groups of people who share a common type or style of health and dieting.
- Losing It – Social Networking app which continues to grow in popularity.
- Thintopia – Another social networking site with limited functionality when it comes to running challenges but a fun flavor and name.
- Extra Pounds – They have blogging and tracking options.
- SparkPeople – Popular weight loss site with lots of social networking features.
- Diet.com – They started as the “personality type diet” – but they now offer several ways to connect with other members of the site.
- Traineo – Popular fitness site that also handles weight loss with the ability to get other motivators.
- Diet challenge – These guys run a whole load of weight loss contests! They allow you to create your own challenge and administer it all yourself!
- Gimme20 – Fitness tracking as well as ability to create blogs.
- IntroPLAY – Track your exercises through the week. Compete in exercise leagues that help you compete to train harder.
- FitLink – These folks have a fitness themed site with the ability to find training buddies.
- WalkingSpree – As the name suggests, they give the emphasis to walking as well as linking with a pocket pedometer.
- PeerTrainer – They’ve got many social networking features and an entire encompassing fitness emphasis.
- Weigh Ins – Users post weight loss challenges or pick other public challenges to join in on.
- Skinnyo – Users can create health challenges, and get updates sent to them on the status and progress.
- WellSphere – Join groups centered around specific wellness goals of being healthy and fit.